Stem Cell Therapy for Vitiligo in India
What is Vitiligo?
Vitiligo is a skin condition that causes loss of pigment, resulting in irregular white patches on the skin. patient of all age groups can be affected by it.
It is a condition that induces the loss of skin colour and forms blemishes. The severity and degree of colour loss from vitiligo are unruly. It can affect the skin on any portion of your body. It also affects hair, the inside part of the mouth, and even the eyes affected by this condition.
Normally, the colour of Hair, Skin, and eyes is due to melanin. Vitiligo occurs when the cells that generate melanin die or stop performing.
Vitiligo can affect people of all skin types and conditions, but it can be more pronounced in people with darker or brownish skin colour. This disease is not life-threatening or spreading, but It can be stressful or make you feel bad about yourself having this condition. Treatment for vitiligo may cause alteration in the representation of the affected skin but does not cure the disease.
Sign And Symptoms Of Vitiligo:
The principal symptom of vitiligo is a loss of colour (pigment) that generates light or white-coloured spots on the skin. Usually, the discolouration first appears on sun-exposed areas, like the hands, face, feet, arms, and lips.
Vitiligo Signs Are As Follows :
- Loss of pigmentation in the skin producing discolouration
- whitening or greying of the hair of scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows, or beard
- Loss of pigments of the cells and tissues that bound the inside of the mouth and nose (mucous membranes)
- Loss of pigment or change in the pigment of the innermost layer of the eyeball (retina)
- Discoloured patches throughout the area like armpits, umbilicus, genitals, and rectum
Vitiligo can start appearing at any age but most commonly shows before the age of 20. based on the type of vitiligo you have, the discoloured patches may include
the following parts of the body:
- Many parts of your body. This is the most popular type of vitiligo, called generalized vitiligo; the discoloured patches often improve likewise on neighbouring parts of the body (symmetrically).
- Only one side of your body. This type of vitiligo is known as segmental vitiligo, which manages to occur at a younger age, proceeds for a year or more, then stop.
- One of only a few portions of your body. This type of vitiligo is called confined (focal) vitiligo.
It’s hard to predict when and where your condition will progress. Sometimes the patches stop growing without any treatment. In most cases, pigment loss develops and ultimately involves most of your skin. In rare circumstances, the skin gets its colour back.
When To See A Doctor
Go to your physician if areas of your skin, hair, or eyes lose pigment. Vitiligo has no remedy. But therapy will help stop or reduce down the discolouring process and restore some pigment to your skin.
Vitiligo happens when melanin-forming cells (melanocytes) die or decrease melanin composition — the pigment gives your skin, hair, and eyes colour. The patches of skin grow lighter or white. Doctors don’t identify why the cells fail to provide colour or die. It may be related to:
- Family history (heredity)
- A trigger injury, such as sunburn, tension, or vulnerability to harsh industrial chemicals
- An autoimmune condition in which your immune mechanism engages and destroys the melanocytes in the skin
Persons With Vitiligo May Be At Increased Risk Of :
- Eye problems, such as swelling of the iris (iritis) and itching
- Hearing loss
- Social or psychological stress
- Sunburn and also skin cancer
- Side effects as a consequence of treatment, such as dry skin and itching
Cost of Stem cell Therapy Treatment for Vitiligo in India
With India’s long leap towards growing the world’s largest healthcare provider, it is the most favoured destination for patients Looking for low-cost stem cell therapy. Indian specialists and healthcare experts are famous worldwide for their skills as many of them hold important ranks in the leading hospitals of nations like the USA and UK. Foreign patients choose to undergo stem cell therapy in India because although they are charged with an affordable cost of treatment, they are treated in one of the best medical institutes. The cost of stem cell therapy treatment in India is usually about a tenth of the costs prevailing in advanced countries like the US and UK and are significantly more affordable compared with even other medical tourism destinations like Thailand. Hence India is an ideal destination for patients who are exploring to receive therapy abroad.
Beginning at $5000 onwards, the Cost of stem cell therapy in India may vary as per the severity of the condition; however, the exact therapy costs around $ 25000- $40000 in western states like the USA and UK.
The final costs offered to the cases are based on their medical reports. They are reliant on the current medical situation of the patient, type of room, type of therapy, hospital brand, and the surgeon’s expertise.
Success Rate of stem cell therapy for Vitiligo in India
Given the advancements made in healthcare in India, the success rate for stem cell therapy in India is no different from that in any other developed country. There is about a 60% to 80% overall success rate in the treatment of stem cell therapy in India and worldwide. Though, success rates vary depending on the disease being treated, the medical facility conducting the therapy, and the patient’s condition. To receive a complete report, you will have to ask the medical institutes and request specific questions concerning the patient’s condition. But, with its cost benefits and enhanced success rate in given treatments, India poses to be the best place for Stem Cell therapy for all foreign patients.
Get a free Consultation
Get In Touch
Stem Cell Center India : New Delhi – NCR, Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore